We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Beatles they are very dangerous insects for our health if we let them wander around the house as they can easily be vectors of infectious diseases: they are attracted to dirt.
Therefore they can contaminate water, food, and leave excrement around. To ward off cockroaches, it is not necessary to resort to chemicals which, among other things, are harmful to the environment. Natural, completely harmless, but very effective methods can be used to solve the problem. In this regard we will illustrate you how to keep cockroaches away following our directions.
The first thing to do is to identify the entrance from which the cockroaches enter and then remove their nest: cockroaches love crumbs and food residues, so the nest may be in some corner of your kitchen.
How to drive away cockroaches, useful recommendations
- Always keep the kitchen clean, taking care to avoid dirty dishes in the sink
- Throw out the garbage every evening or at least make sure that the container containing the waste is well closed
- Store food in airtight containers, preferably not aluminum
- Avoid leaving windows open in spring unless they are protected by a mosquito net. It is not necessary to buy it, you can try your hand at making it yourself. For further information: How to build a mosquito net.
- Fill all the cracks in the external cladding and in the cornice, all the small cracks around the doors, the shelves fixed to the walls, the wall cabinets, the pipes, the sinks and the drains in the bathroom.
What we will look at are not the only natural remedies to eliminate cockroaches. Other solutions are available on the page: "How to keep cockroaches away with natural methods "
How to keep cockroaches away with a DIY trap
Bring a glass or plastic container and place chocolate and raisins sprinkled with fat and glue on the bottom: the cockroaches will be attracted by the smell and will be trapped.
White flour balls
Prepare balls of white flour, honey and boric acid or tannic acid: the cockroach is attracted to the taste of the ball but boric acid kills them.
Bay leaves and cucumber
Prepare a mixture of bay leaves and cucumber: the smell will keep them away without necessarily having to kill them.
Put a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil in a bowl in the corners of the kitchen.
You may also be interested in our related article: Cockroaches in the house: where they nest and where they come from